Archive for category: News and Events
You are here: Home1 / News and Events
https://growmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Helena-Farmers-Market-produce-table-1.jpg 1644 2536 Maura Henn https://growmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/GrowMTLogoSM-white.png Maura Henn2022-09-27 17:29:512022-09-29 20:11:32Grow Montana Releases New Study: “Economic Value and Impact of Local Food in Montana”
Grow Montana Releases New Study: “Economic Value and Impact of Local Food in Montana”/by Maura Henn
https://growmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/GROW-MONTANA-COMMUNITY-FOCUS-GROUPS.png 1080 1080 Maura Henn https://growmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/GrowMTLogoSM-white.png Maura Henn2022-08-04 18:41:032022-09-29 20:05:03Grow Montana Invitation to Join Community Focus Groups to Guide Strategic Plan
Grow Montana Invitation to Join Community Focus Groups to Guide Strategic Plan/by Maura Henn
https://growmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Double-Snap-Logo-e1614034273351.jpg 101 100 Minah Choi https://growmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/GrowMTLogoSM-white.png Minah Choi2021-03-18 18:34:252022-08-03 21:40:59Double SNAP Dollars Bill HB235 Senate Hearing this Friday
Double SNAP Dollars Bill HB235 Senate Hearing this Friday/by Minah Choi
The Double SNAP Dollar bill HB235 will be heard TOMORROW at 3pm in the Senate Public Health, Welfare, and Safety Committee! The bill received an incredible amount of support in the House and we need your help again to get it through the Senate.
Here are the many ways you can make your voice heard in support of HB235:
- Check out Montana Food Bank Network’s action alert here, where you can write an email directly to everyone on the Senate Public Health, Welfare, and Safety Committee.
- If your senator sits on the committee and you’d like to write them directly, you can send them a message urging them to support HB235 here.
- If you’d like to call your senator in support of HB235, you can find their information here.
- Lastly, you can voice your support of Double SNAP Dollars HB235 through your social media by posting and sharing with your community. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to get up to date information on all things Grow Montana and our legislative priorities.
View this post on Instagram
https://growmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/soil-hands.jpg 1280 1280 Minah Choi https://growmt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/GrowMTLogoSM-white.png Minah Choi2021-03-17 22:06:052022-08-03 22:03:44MT Conservation Innovation Grants and South Dakota Soil Health Webinar
MT Conservation Innovation Grants and South Dakota Soil Health Webinar/by Minah Choi
Here are some updates on soil health happenings in the region:
- The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is accepting applications for Montana’s Conservation Innovation Grants until April 23, 2021. These grants fund projects that are focused on addressing at least one of the agency’s main resource concerns: soil health, water quality and quantity, and range health. Check out how to apply here.
- Following the impactful Soil Health Innovations Conference that happened earlier this month, check out the Hybrid Soil Health & Drought Management Seminar taking place on Tuesday, March 23, 2021. This event is hosted by the Williams County Soil Conservation District in South Dakota and is free to register. You can find the agenda and how to sign up here.
Since 2005, Grow Montana has advocated for changes in state policies that would strengthen Montana’s food and agriculture economies. The coalition has since led projects on food systems research, producing education materials, and stewarded policy change to support Montana’s food producers.
- ALERT: SB 202 Will Impact Farmers MarketsMarch 22, 2023 - 9:28 pm
- Grow Montana Releases New Study: “Economic Value and Impact of Local Food in Montana”September 27, 2022 - 5:29 pm
- Grow Montana Invitation to Join Community Focus Groups to Guide Strategic PlanAugust 4, 2022 - 6:41 pm